Philip Johnson's Wiener Trio was installed at the intersection of Franz-Josefs-Kai and Schottenring in 1998. Each element
of the tripartite object has a sculptural character of its own. Seen together, however, they represent a kind of architecture,
reflecting the American architect's longstanding and intense exploration of monumentality.
Philip Johnson developed this object in 1996 for a MAK exhibition entitled Turning Point. The installation of this extraordinary object in the public space was made possible through the generous support of the insurance company Wiener Städtische Allgemeine Versicherungs AG.
Franz-Josefs-Kai/Schottenring (across the street from the Ringturm), 1010 Vienna
How to get there: U2, U4, tram lines 1 + 31 / Schottenring