This discussion with Fairphone product and innovation manager Miquel Ballester together and proven experts on the topics of circular economy, design strategies, materials, and technologies will address the necessity, opportunities, and limits of sustainable production. Fairphone, one of the most advanced makers of mobile telephones worldwide, has come up with developments from social innovations in the supply chain to a notable step-by-step plan for sustainable mobile telephones.
– Helmut Antrekowitsch, University of Leoben, Chair of the Department of Nonferrous Metallurgy, Leoben
– Miquel Ballester, product and innovation manager at Fairphone, Amsterdam
– Sonja Eser, biologist, circular design expert, Buch am Erlbach
– Stefan Salhofer, BOKU Vienna, Institute of Waste Management, Vienna
– Helmut Spudich, spokesman for T-Mobile Austria, Vienna
Moderation: Harald Gründl, design theorist, director of IDRV, designer (EOOS), Vienna
In cooperation with T- Mobile Austria – Digital Content Partner
A project as part of the design> new strategies partnership between the MAK and the Vienna Business Agency, creative center departure.
Curated by: IDRV – Institute of Design Research Vienna, Harald Gruendl, Ulrike Haele
Project coordination: Thomas Geisler, Curator, MAK Design Collection; Miriam Kathrein, Vienna Business Agency, creative center departure
VIENNA BIENNALE App
Nominate your "Changemakers" for the StadtFabrik topics!
The ongoing VIENNA BIENNALE Ideas for Change app serves as a participative tool for the StadtFabrik. Changemakers can continue to be nominated for the main themes of the StadtFabrik and add to the densifying network of established creative industrial production in the city.
€ 14 | € 11 reduced
Free Admission for children and teens under 19